Monday, June 18, 2018

2018-06-18- Animecon.nl

(version française sur tipeee.)

My videos of the Animecon.nl 2018 convention in Den Haagen, Netherlands are now available on youtube.

I could not attempt friday, so there is only the two contests of saturday and friday:
* the Clara's Cow Cosplay Cup finals, which is an international cosplay contest including 16 countries, which performances tends to be with a lot of humour, the idea being to pass a fun moment.
* the sunday cosplay contest which included a lot of individual selections.


https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLI8fjobazE8jXE6FyZlIS-aGrHdZQun-f

I really liked this convention for several reasons:
* a lot of people in (nice) cosplay.
* a very nice exterior to make photos.
* a lots of activities, including a lot of theme around anime and japanese culture.
* an efficient organization.
* some clear rules about what is allowed and what is not allowed on the convention ground.
* a festival opened for 52 consecutives hours.

There is a specific bag rule: bags that excess 25*14*7 centimeters are not allowed inside of the convention, but there is a place at the entrance where the bag can be stored freely, it is managed efficiently, so the rule is not really a drawback here.

The french version contains an obvious warning for french people not talking english / dutch or german here.

The only drawback I can see is the price of the ticket: it costs between 50 to 100 euros (it's an approximation as I can't find the prices for the 2018 edition as it changed for the 2019 prices). The earlier you buy it, the more reasonable the price gets.  I had a press accreditation, so I did not pay for it (I still had over something like 300 euros of expense technically speaking)  If you compare it to the prices of other activities and their associated durations: cinema cost way more for the time it lengths, attraction parcs are usually twice or triple this price for the duration, if you I compare with french conventions, most of them are empty for the activity part or cannot have them attented due to people frequentatiton, I find suddenly that the price is fairly reasonable for the content that is offered..


So in overall, I find that this convention is really good, I don't know yet my schedule for 2019, but it will probably be on my 2019 todo list.

No comments:

Post a Comment